What is a varicose vein?
A twisted and enlarged vein that can be seen under your skin, either near the surface or deep within a muscle.
Where will varicose veins appear on your body?
Varicose veins are commonly found on your legs but they can appear on any other part of your body too.
Are varicose veins painful?
The pain level of varicose veins depends on the type of varicose vein you have. If your varicose vein is painful, this is usually because your veins are inflamed.
What are some types of varicose veins?
- Trunk Varicose Veins: Close to the surface of the skin, these veins appear thick, long, and knobbly.
- Telangiectasia Varicose Veins: Also known as spider or thread veins, these types of veins are visibly blue or red and form in small clusters.
- Reticular Varicose Veins: Often grouped close together, these veins are red.
*Varicose veins can also appear dark purple in a lumpy, twisty, or bulging shape.
What are some causes of varicose veins?
- If your vein valves become weak or destroyed through sitting or standing for long periods
- Family history
Which symptoms might be a sign of varicose veins?
• Burning or throbbing in the specific area
• Dry, itchy, and thick skin over the affected zone
• A heavy, aching, and uncomfortable section in your body
Luckily, varicose veins can now be treated without painful surgery or injections. ImageWorks Skin & Laser can help you look and feel better through laser vein therapy. Our Calgary office can aid you in getting rid of your unsightly and unhealthy varicose veins.
Why should you treat your varicose veins?
- Your legs can harden and change colour as a result of swelling
- Swelling can cause you to be more prone to infection due to the body’s inability to defend itself as it once did
- Deep Vein Thrombosis can develop. What is this? Blood clots deep within your veins that require immediate medical treatment. Why would you need immediate medical attention? Part or all of the blood clots can transfer from your veins to your lungs causing pulmonary embolism, a blockage of a major artery resulting in a damaged lung or death.
Do you want to live your life to the fullest and stop suffering from the pain and discomfort of varicose veins? With the help of laser treatment to relieve your symptoms, you can take control of your life and start experiencing the world as you should. Eliminate the risks associated with varicose veins by booking an appointment for your therapy today. Get comfortable with showing off your legs and stay healthy in the process.